Register Your Student for Bus Services
SUMMER BUS REGISTRATION IS ONLY FOR NEW STUDENTS & STUDENTS WITH A NEW ADDRESS FOR 2019-2020!
How do I know if I should complete summer registration for bus services?
- WE ARE A NEW FAMILY TO ATHENS CITY If you have a student who is new to Athens City Schools for the 2019-2020 school year and you want your child to ride the bus, then you should complete summer bus registration.
- WE HAVE HAD AN ADDRESS CHANGE SINCE JUNE 6, 2019 If you attended Athens City Schools last year but you have a new address after June 6, 2019, then you should complete summer bus registration.
- WE COMPLETED SCHOOLMINT ENROLLMENT, BUT HAVE HAD AN ADDRESS CHANGE AFTER JUNE 6, 2019.
DO NOT COMPLETE SUMMER BUS REGISTRATION IF:
- You completed SchoolMint online enrollment/re-enrollment/registration for the 2019-2020 school year and sumbitted your bus information and nothing has changed.
- Your information has not changed since June 6, 2019.
Who is eligible for summer bus registration?
All enrolled students in grades K-8 are eligible for bus registration. Bus services are available for all schools with the exception of Athens High School and Athens Renaissance School.
When is summer bus registration?
Bus registration for the 2019-2020 school year is July 16, 2019 from 12:00-8:00 pm at Athens Middle School.
Where is bus registration?
Registration is at Athens Middle School located at 100 US Hwy. 31 N., Athens, AL 35611.
What if I can't make it to registration on July 16?
If for any reason you cannot attend registration on July 16, then you must register for bus service at the school for which your student is enrolled for 2019-2020. Bus registration must be complete BEFORE the first day of school to ride the bus. A list of school secretaries and their contact information can be found at the end of this page.
Is bus registration different this year than in years past?
Yes. Beginning this year, bus registration is a one day only event. In the past, transportation representatives were available at each school orientation. This practice ends this year, and parents will NOT be able to sign up for bus service at school orientation. We encourage parents of new bus riders or have an update to your bus route to make plans to attend registration on July 16!
After School Starts
To register your child for Athens City Schools bus services after the beginning of the school year, please contact the school your child attends. To be eligible for bus services, the student must be enrolled in Athens City Schools. Bus services are available for all schools with the exception of Athens High School and Athens Renaissance School. Each elementary route provides morning and afternoon service to Athens Intermediate School and Athens Middle School. To contact the transportation department directly, please call 256.233.6637.
Athens Middle School Tracy Crow 256.233.6620
Athens Intermediate School Kandye Smith 256.230.2880
Athens Elementary Vickie Carr 256.233.6609
Brookhill Elementary Susie Holmes 256.233.6603
Julian Newman Elementary Amanda Johnson 256.233.6630
SPARK Academy at Cowart Vicki Waldrep 256.233.6627