New Student Registration
Welcome to Athens City Schools! We are excited to have your family with us! New Student Registration is a process for students and families who are completely new to Athens City Schools. This is the correct pathway to register (enroll) if you have moved into the Athens City School district mid-year or if you are a student entering grades 1-12 at the beginning of a new school year.
- If you already have a student enrolled in one of our schools, please choose Current Student Re-Enrollment. Current Student Re-enrollment opens April 22, 2019.
- New Student Registration is not for kindergarten students. Please click here if you have a new kindergarten student. Kindergarten registration opens February 25, 2019.
- Do not attempt to register/enroll before the posted registration dates.
STEP 1 - GET YOUR PAPERWORK READY
Documents Required to Complete Registration:
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID
- Birth Certificate (or alternative documentation in absence of a birth certificate)
- Social Security Card (Optional) SS CARD MAY BE BROUGHT IN INSTEAD OF UPLOADED. If a student does not have an SSN, a temporary number shall be assigned as specified by the ALSDE.
- AL Immunization Blue Card- Upload a copy. MUST BRING ORIGINAL TO CENTRAL OFFICE OR SCHOOL FOR ENROLLMENT TO BE COMPLETE.
- Proof of Residence (Current utility bill, mortgage statement or rent lease agreement. When two families reside at the same address, a Landlord Letter may be submitted).
- Proof of Custody/Guardianship - Custody papers may be required if the student doesn't reside with both birth parents. Custody/Guardianship will be made through Judge's office. Board Policy stipulates neither Delegation of Parental Authority nor Power of Attorney will be accepted as a document for the student's legal custody. A signed Notary will not be used as a valid document for enrollment.
- Withdrawal form from the former school attended.
- Last Report Card/transcript:
- K-8th grade- Last Report Card
- 9-12th grade- Unofficial Transcript
To upload forms:
- Scan or take a clear photo of each document in a well-lit area. Make sure that all four corners of the page are visible in the image.
- Download (free) SchoolMint app for Android or IOS device. This will allow you to take photos of the forms and upload them directly.
- Once you have successfully uploaded forms AND CLICK SUBMIT, you will be notified by email or text message stating “Registration Completed."
- You will receive a “Registration Verified” notification once our staff has reviewed your documents and verified your address and school zone.
STEP 2 - REGISTER YOUR NEW STUDENT NOW
HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP?
Contact the Office of Student Services at 256.233.6600 x 1103 or email email@example.com. Help and computers are available at the Athens City Schools Board of Education Central Office building located at 455 Hwy. 31 North between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.