New Student Enrollment
STUDENT RE-ENROLLMENT NOTICE!
If you already have a student enrolled in Athens City Schools, please click here for Current/Returning Student Re-Enrollment.
New Student Registration & Enrollment
New Student Registration is for Students & Families New to Athens City Schools
Register my New Student Now - this process takes on average 45 minutes
We are excited to have your family with us and would like to provide some information to assist you with registering your new students for the 2018-2019 school year. All student registration is completed online through SchoolMint. Google Chrome is the recommended web browser for using SchoolMint. For questions about your school zone, please call Mike O’Rear at 256-233-6600, Ext. 1106.
Documents Required to Complete Registration:
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID
- Birth Certificate (or alternative documentation in absence of a birth certificate)
- Social Security Card (Optional) SS CARD MAY BE BROUGHT IN INSTEAD OF UPLOADED. If a student does not have an SSN, a temporary number shall be assigned as specified by the ALSDE.
- AL Immunization Blue Card- Upload a copy. MUST BRING ORIGINAL TO CENTRAL OFFICE OR SCHOOL FOR ENROLLMENT TO BE COMPLETE.
- Proof of Residence (Current utility bill, mortgage statement or rent lease agreement. When two families reside at the same address, a Landlord Letter may be submitted).
- Proof of Custody/Guardianship - Custody papers may be required if the student doesn't reside with both birth parents. Custody/Guardianship will be made through Judge's office. Board Policy stipulates neither Delegation of Parental Authority nor Power of Attorney will be accepted as a document for the student's legal custody. A signed Notary will not be used as a valid document for enrollment.
- Last Report Card
- K-8th grade- Last Report Card
- 9-12th grade- Unofficial Transcript
To upload forms:
- Scan or take a clear photo of each document in a well-lit area. Make sure that all four corners of the page are visible in the image.
- Download (free) SchoolMint app for Android or IOS device. This will allow you to take photos of the forms and upload them directly.
Once you have successfully uploaded forms AND CLICK SUBMIT, you will be notified by email or text message stating “Registration Completed."
You will receive a “Registration Verified” notification once our staff has reviewed your documents and verified your address and school zone.
If your student attended an Athens City School during the 2017-2018 school year, you are already part of the ACS family. Please go back to our main page and choose Student Re-Enrollment.
If you are a current ACS family (you have a student enrolled in ACS) and you have new kindergarten student in 2018-2019, complete the re-enrollment process for your existing student(s) first. There will be a process at the end that allows you to add your new kindergarten student to your current family re-enrollment.
GRADES K-3: During the online re-enrollment/registration process, parents have the option to apply to an out-of-zone academy for grades K-3. Click here to learn more about Athens Academy out-of-zone applications.