Registration and Enrollment in ACS
Welcome to Athens City Schools! We are excited to have your family with us! New Student Registration (Enrollment) is a process for students and families who are completely new to Athens City Schools. This is the correct pathway to register (enroll) if you have moved into the Athens City School district mid-year or if you are a student entering grades 1-12 at the beginning of a new school year.
Enrollment is completed in-person at the Athens City Schools Board of Education Central Office.
Athens City Schools Board of Education
455 US Hwy. 31 N.
Athens, AL 35611
Hours of Operation Office hours are Monday throug Friday from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. No appointment is necessary. To help us serve you best, please bring all required documents with you at the time of registration (enrollment).
Documents Required to Complete Registration:
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID
- Birth Certificate (or alternative documentation in absence of a birth certificate)
- Social Security Card (Optional). If a student does not have an SSN, a temporary number shall be assigned as specified by the ALSDE.
- Alabama Immunization Blue Card- YOU MUST BRING ORIGINAL TO CENTRAL OFFICE FOR ENROLLMENT TO BE COMPLETE.
- Proof of Residence (Current utility bill, mortgage statement or rent lease agreement. When two families reside at the same address, a Landlord Letter may be submitted).
- Proof of Custody/Guardianship - Custody papers may be required if the student doesn't reside with both birth parents. Custody/Guardianship will be made through Judge's office. Board Policy stipulates neither Delegation of Parental Authority nor Power of Attorney will be accepted as a document for the student's legal custody. A signed Notary will not be used as a valid document for enrollment.
- Withdrawal form from the former school attended.
- Last Report Card/transcript:
- K-8th grade- Last Report Card
- 9-12th grade- Unofficial Transcript
Questions About Enrollment? Email our ACS Enrollment Specialist Melanie Delap at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 256--233-6600.
Para obtener ayuda en español Envíe un correo electrónico o llame a Karen Rodríguez a email@example.com o llame al 256-233-6600.