Back to School Plan and Learning Selection Form
Friday, July 17, 2020
Dear ACS Family:
We are excited to share the Athens City Schools (ACS) Roadmap to Reopening back to school plan for the 2020-2021 school year. Our team has worked diligently to develop a safe and instructionally sound plan for reopening our schools. I am confident that if we all continue to work together there are no obstacles too great to overcome!
The ACS Roadmap to Reopening was presented to and approved by the Board of Education on Thursday, July 16. The “roadmap” will serve as a guide as we navigate the challenges that we are likely to face as we progress through this school year during the time of COVID-19. It is intended to be a living document and will most certainly require updates and revisions throughout the school year as conditions change in our community. For today, this plan should give you a clear picture of where things are now and confidence for the days ahead.
As we enter into a school year that will be unlike any we have ever experienced before, know that our mission remains the same - to be a high-quality, progressive school system that connects students and their families to a caring, traditional community. We will face the challenges - and opportunities - of this school year together as a community truly connected by education.
- Review the Roadmap to Reopening at www.acs-k12.org/reopen
- Complete and submit the Back to School Selection Form: Traditional or Remote by Friday, July 24. You can also scroll down to find this form at the bottom of this page.
- Athens Renaissance School parents/students should not participate - please do not complete this form.
- Parents and community members can submit questions about the Roadmap to Reopening/Back to School plan at www.acs-
- Teachers and other employees can submit questions about the Roadmap to Reopening/Back to School plan at www.acs-k12.org/domain/2199
Thank you, and we look forward to starting strong on August 17!
Acting Superintendent, Athens City Schools