WELCOME TO THE ATHENS EAGLETTES!
2019-2020 HIGH SCHOOL DANCE TEAM
2019-2020 MIDDLE SCHOOL DANCE TEAM
ABOUT ATHENS DANCE
The Athens Dance Teams, known as "The Eaglettes," peform at Athens Basketball games during the season. There are two teams, high school (grades 9-12) and middle school (grades 7-8). Auditions are held in the spring of each school year. In addition to performing at basketball games, the teams also compete in local and regional dance competitions. The dance team is a great way to get involved, show school spirit and have a fun. We believe dance develops both the body and the mind through building strength, work ethic, confidence and character. For more information about The Eaglettes, contact sponsor and dance coach Kristie Murphree.
Meet the Coach
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Kristie Murphree
Kristie Murphree is the founding sponsor and head coach of the Athens High School and Athens Middle School Dance Teams known as "The Eaglettes." Kristie is passionate about dance, performance and leadership and works diligently to instill a love of performing arts in her dancers. As a mother of a dancer and a librarian/media specialist in Athens City Schools at FAME Academy at Brookhill, Kristie understands the importance of developing young ladies of character, scholarship and heart, and she is dedicated to doing her part. She is the wife of basketball coach Eddie Murphree.
Mini Dance Camp
December 11th and 12th from 4:00pm-5:30pm at FAME Academy at Brookhill
- Who: Any child ages 4-12
- Parent Performance December 12th at 5:00pm
- Where: Camp held at Brookhill Elementary School
- Campers perform December 17th at the AHS Basketball Game Halftime
- Campers will receive dance instruction in a variety of styles each day as well as play games and a t-shirt at the end of clinic.
- Click here for a printable registration form. Register with an AHS Dance Team member or return form to your school office.
- Turn in money with your form or pay online at https://goo.gl/xCPDq4 (Dance Team)
- Cost: Registration- $45/camper
- Second Sibling or ACS Employee $10 discount
- Make Checks payable to AHS. Please include a phone number.
- Please return forms to your school office by Dec. 10th