Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Jessica Brown
Welcome to Athens Middle School, Home of The Golden Eagles!!
My name is Jessica McAlister Brown, and I am so happy to be teaching at Athens Middle School! I am a proud product of Athens City Schools and graduate of the Athens High School Class of 2013. I completed my Bachelor's Degree in Secondary Social Studies Education in 2017 at the University of North Alabama. Roar Lions!
This is my third year teaching middle school social studies and everyday I am reminded why I chose this career. My goal as an educator is to empower young people and unlock their potential to become someone they can be proud of. These kids are our country's, state's, and community's future, and there is nothing more important to me than investing in that.
My husband, Connor Brown, is a government test engineer. We have two dogs, Dottie, who is a labradoodle, and Jones, who is a bernedoodle. We enjoy going to the river, hanging out with family, and spoiling our niece, Sadie Lynn.
I love movies I've seen a thousand times, history documentaries and books, all dogs, practicing calligraphy, decorating, and hanging out with family and friends!
THURSDAY THROUGH NEXT WEEK
DATES: Thursday, March 19 through Friday, March 27 (Weekdays only. No weekend distribution.)
TIME: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Athens Elementary School (Clinton St. Campus)
601 S. Clinton St.
Athens, AL 35611
*Located on the corner of S. Clinton St. and Forrest St.
810 N. Malone St.
Athens, AL 35611
*Located on the corner of N. Malone and 5th Ave.
- Meals will be available at the two locations listed above (AES and The Haven)
- Meals will be distributed “Grab-and-Go” style (drive up or walk up)
- We will provide 2 meals daily (1 breakfast and 1 lunch meal)
- There must be at least 1 person in the vehicle (or walking) who is 18 or younger
- At the grab-and-go, you will tell us the number of meals needed for children (18 and younger) in your household
- All children 18 and younger can receive food AT NO COST whether they are an ACS student or not
8:30 - 11:30 AM
12:30 - 2:30 PM
*Even if it is after my digital office hours please don't hesitate to contact me.
Please check Google Classroom for E-Learning Assignments!!
I have posted 3 assignments for the E-Learning days this week (March 16-18, 2020). Even if the due date has passed YOU CAN STILL WORK ON, COMPLETE, AND TURN IN your assignment. I would hate for these assignments to negatively effect your grade.