It is the policy of Athens Renaissance School Board not to discriminate on the basis of sex, color, handicap, religion, creed, national origin, race, or age in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Federal Regulations.
The following enrollment process applies to students seeking to enroll in the Athens Renaissance School:
Parent / Guardian Picture Identification
- A student must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to enroll.
- Original birth certificate (preferred) or copy of birth certificate. An alternative documentation to verify age may be presented in the absence of a birth certificate.
Social Security Number
- Social Security Number and a copy of card or a valid School System security number for the child when enrolling, or where a student doesn’t have a number, a temporary number shall be assigned in accordance with directions as specified by State Dept. of Education.
- The presentation of social security number is voluntary.
Alabama Immunization Blue Card or Official Religious Immunization Exemption Form
- The original card is required, but a copy may be accepted for initial enrollment review only.
- Out of state immunization cards must be transferred to the Alabama Blue Card at the local health department or by your doctor.
- Religious Exemption Immunization forms may be obtained at your local health department or from most doctors in the state of Alabama.
Proof of Custody / Guardianship
- Custody papers may be required if student doesn't reside with both birth parents.
- Custody / Guardianship will be made through Judge's office.
Proof of Residence
- One of the following is required to establish proof of residence: current utility bill, mortgage statement, or rent-lease agreement verifying that you are an Alabama resident.
Transcript of Grades
- Unofficial transcripts for students grades 9-12
- Current Report Card for grades 1-8
- Official current public/private withdrawal form from previous school showing date of withdrawal of student applicant for grades K-12 (This document shall be provided after the student is accepted for enrollment but before the student attends his/her first day at ALRS.)
Integrity, NCAA, and Records Request Form
- Parent and student must sign the Integrity and NCAA form and fill out the records request form.
(Board Policy stipulates neither Delegation of Parental Authority nor Power of Attorney will be accepted as a document for the student’s legal custody). A signed Notary will not be used as a valid document for enrollment.