Meet the Teacher
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Physical Education minor Sport Coaching CPR Certified
Ms. Whitney Jordan
Hello, my name is Whitney Jordan. I am so excited to be the P.E. coach again this year at HEART Academy (JNES)! I am 25 years old. I am a new mom of a sweet baby girl, Cameron, who was born this past September. I have a brother, Sam, who is in the 7th grade this year at Athens Middle School. Along with teaching Physical Education here at HEART Academy at JNES, I coach softball at Athens Middle School and the Germantown Red Devils 16U based out of Memphis Tennessee. In my spare time, I love to hang out with my family and my 2 dogs, shopping, and I also enjoy RZR trail riding with friends.
I graduated from Athens High School in 2013. I recieved my Bachelor of Science in Physical Education with a minor in Sport Coaching from Auburn University in December 2017, where I was a member of the Auburn Softball team from 2014-2017. I am currently obtaining my Master’s Degree in Physical Education from the University of West Alabama. I started my teaching career January 2018 at JNES, and have had a blast doing what I love ever since!
EXPECTATIONS FOR P.E. CLASS
1. Tennis Shoes are a must! - I cannot allow a child to participate in P.E. class without tennis shoes due to safety reasons. 4 days or more without tennis shoes per 9 weeks results in a drop in a letter grade.
2. Students will keep jewerly such as necklaces and bracelets in their classroom and not bring them to P.E. class.
3. Students will keep toys, food, candy, gum and other items such as these at home or in the classroom and not bring them to P.E. class.
4. Students will walk into the gym quietly and sit down at their own personal exercise spot.
5. Students will participate, give their best effort, and show great sportsmanship daily.
6. Students will keep their hands, feet, and other objects to themselves at all times during P.E. class.
7. Students will line-up quietly on their designated class line at the end of P.E. class every day.
Please feel free to email me anytime about anything! My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org