Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Kyle Turner
Welcome to ARS! I have worked in the Athens City School system for 28 years and I have been with ARS since it began. I love math and am excited to begin another school year! Please e-mail me anytime you have questions about anything! I plan for us all to have a great and successful year.
Empress of the Tribe of Alcazar
Welcome to ARS Math 2019 - 2020
Mrs Turner 6-8 Math
ARS Phone Number: 256-771-7147
Teacher Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Odysseyware Website: athensrc.owschools.com
Welcome to ARS! I am so excited to have you with us! My goal is that you have a very successful year here! Here are some ways to help you achieve your goals.
I highly recommend that you take notes for each lesson. It is best to write the notes into a notebook. We have some examples of different templates for note-taking. Notes should include the objective, vocabulary, and MAIN ideas of the lesson. With math, that will include “how-to” steps and examples. If you take the time to make some great notes, you will enhance your chances of success.
- The first of every lesson has the objectives. Please read them. This is what you will be tested on.
- Also there is a list of vocabulary words for the lesson. Write these into your notes.
- As you take math notes, focus on “how-to’s” and examples.
- After you take notes, go back through them and hi-lite what you think is most important. Yay! You can use your notes on the quizzes and tests!
- You may use a calculator! If you do not have one yet, I recommend the TI-30XIIS.
- I will be making contact with you on a weekly basis. You must let me know if you have questions about anything. You can call the school and make an appointment for help on “Flex Fridays”.
- If you need extra help while at home, you can find a list of resources on my personal teacher web pages at www.acs-k12.org/ars. Also Kahn Academy is a good website for help.
We will have a great year! Message me if you have any questions.