Meet the Teacher
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Elementary Education, University of Alabama Huntsville Highly Qualified Teacher ARI Certification Lee vs Macon Awareness Certification Whole Brain Teaching Certification
Mrs. Erika Jones
Hello everyone and welcome to another great school year with Athens City Schools!
My name is Erika Jones and I am a 3rd Grade teacher at SPARK Academy. A little about me, I was born in Illinois and my family moved to Alabama in 1998. After high school, I attended UAH where I recieved a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education. I have taught 2nd Grade at Cowart Elementary and 1st Grade at SPARK Academy and I am excited for this 3rd Grade adventure! I am married to my husband Jake (we just celebrated our one year anniversary) and we have two dogs, Sadie and Douglas. I enjoy reading, painting, hiking, and spending time with family and friends.
I never knew I wanted to be a teacher until my little sister was born. I taught her how to tie her shoes, how to ride a bike, and how to read. I loved every minute of it so I knew I wanted to teach kids for the rest of my life! I love the conversations that I can have with students. Their imaginations and enthusiasm for learning gives me such a fantastic purpose in life! I believe that every student should be valued, respected, and given endless opporutnites for their future and I am honored to spend a year with them. I am excited for this year and the great things that I know will come out of it!
Supply List for all 3rd Grade Students:
- 1 roll of grey duct tape
- 1 roll of blue painter's tape
- 4 wide-ruled composition notebooks
- 4 plastic folders with inside brads (1 red, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 color of choice)
- 10 glue sticks
- 75 pencils
- 2 packs (24 count) Crayola crayons
- 2 packs of wide-ruled notebook paper
- 1 pair of Fiskars 5" pointed tip scissors
- 1 pencil pouch (no boxes please)
- 1 (3) pack of yellow highlighters
- 1 (4) pack of Expo markers
- Overhead headphones with microphone (Can be purchased at 5 Below in Huntsville for $5.00)
- Boys: Clorox wipes, Kleenex tissues, sandwich Ziploc bags
- Girls: Clorox wipes, paper towels, hand sanitizer