Degrees and Certifications:
Job Goal: To serve as a partner to teachers, administrators, and district leaders to improve instructional practice and instructional technology integration, thus increasing student achievement.
Performance Responsibilities Include:
- Models a partnership approach and incorporates partnership principles into work with teachers, administrators, and other members of the school community
- Models lifelong learning and growth mindset by participating in professional development opportunities to increase knowledge and skills in partnership, data to inform instruction, instructional coaching/adult learning, curriculum, instructional technology, etc.
- Collaborates with all school leaders to advance a culture of high expectations and growth for students and adults with differentiated supports
- Visits classrooms daily to stay connected to instructional practices and to share strengths with larger learning community
- Facilitates reflective professional dialogue and collaboration concerning research-based instructional practices, student achievement, and instructional technology integration between and among teachers and leaders
- Partners with classroom teachers and school leaders to plan, organize, and model best practices to include: research-based instructional strategies, authentic use of instructional technology, and standards-based lesson design
- Assists teachers and leaders in analyzing and disaggregating classroom, local and state assessment data to inform instruction and make necessary adjustments to improve student learning
- Designs, facilitates, leads, and participates in building level embedded professional learning while encouraging team building, peer partnering/coaching, and a positive school culture
- Designs and leads K-12 district level professional learning
- Promotes, develops, and supports vertical and horizontal teaming to enhance instruction and student learning
- Partners with teachers in coaching cycles to increase the use of instructional best practices and to promote authentic use of instructional technology
- Provides differentiated coaching to teachers and leaders based on individual instructional needs as identified through multiple data sources (informal classroom observation, student achievement, formative assessment, etc.)
- Assists in the implementation of the components of the Continuous Improvement Plan that are directly related to instruction and/or technology
- Identifies and empowers teacher leaders
- Models the appropriate use of instructional best practices and technology to enhance and extend instruction and student learning during co-teaching, coaching cycles, leading professional development, etc.
- Models confidentiality within coaching relationships
- Demonstrates a positive and technically competent set of public relations skills including oral communication, written communication, and listening skills in group and one-on-one situations as necessary
- Completes other duties as assigned