New Student Enrollment and Registration
WELCOME TO ATHENS CITY SCHOOLS! We are so excited to have your family with us!
New Student Registration (Enrollment) is a process for students and families who are completely NEW to Athens City Schools. This is the correct pathway to register (enroll) if you have moved into the Athens City School district mid-year or if you are a student entering grades 1-12 at the beginning of a new school year. Please click below to begin New Student Registration (Enrollment).
Documents Required to Complete Registration:
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID
- Birth Certificate (or alternative documentation in absence of a birth certificate)
- Social Security Card (Optional) If a student does not have an SSN, a temporary number shall be assigned as specified by the ALSDE.
- Alabama Immunization Record
- Proof of Residence (Current utility bill, mortgage statement or rent lease agreement. When two families reside at the same address, a Landlord Letter may be submitted).
- Proof of Custody/Guardianship - Custody papers may be required if the student doesn't reside with both birth parents. Custody/Guardianship will be made through the Judge's office. Board Policy stipulates neither Delegation of Parental Authority nor Power of Attorney will be accepted as a document for the student's legal custody. A signed Notary will not be used as a valid document for enrollment.
- Last Report Card
- K-8th grade- Last Report Card
- 9-12th grade- Unofficial Transcript
- Withdrawal form if coming from another school
Computers and Assistance Available
Athens City Schools Board of Education
455 US Hwy. 31 N.
Athens, AL 35611
Hours of Operation Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. No appointment is necessary. To help us serve you best, please bring all required documents with you at the time of registration (enrollment).
Is your address zoned for Athens City School District? Click here: Link to School District Map
Questions About Enrollment? Call 256-233-6600
Para obtener ayuda en español Envíe un correo electrónico o llame a Karen Rodríguez a firstname.lastname@example.org o llame al 256-771-7145.
There are 3 ways to enroll in Athens City Schools. Please be sure you choose the correct pathway for your student to make your enrollment experience quick and easy! Select one of the following pathways below:
1 New Student Registration (Enrollment): This pathway is for completely NEW students to the district entering grades 1-11; New Student Registration is not for Kindergarten students. All new students to the district may enroll at any time during the year. Please follow the instructions below to enroll your new student in Athens City Schools!
2 Returning Student Registration (Re-Enrollment): This enrollment pathway is for CURRENT students in the district. All ACS students must re-enroll each year. Student re-enrollment is typically conducted each spring before the end of the school year. However, due to the recent PowerSchool SIS system transition, Returning Student Registration (Re-Enrollment) will begin in July 2021. Re-enrollment is for current, traditional students only.
3 Kindergarten Registration: This enrollment pathway is for NEW KINDERGARTEN students. Kindergarten registration opens in the spring each year. There are two Kindergarten registration pathways - (1) for brand new families to the ACS system and (2) for families of current students who are adding a kindergartener. Be sure to choose the path that's right for you.