What is the ACT ASPIRE?
ACT Aspire includes summative assessments for grades 3-8 and 10 and measures how much students have learned over time, as well as aligned classroom-based assessments that help educators better understand students' learning needs in individual classes throughout the school year. The aligned assessments will inform teachers about students' progress toward specific learning standards, so they can better tailor their instruction and resources to help students learn.
ACT research shows the direct link between early assessment and intervention and the improved likelihood of students succeeding in school and reaching their college and career goals. ACT Aspire will help educators identify foundational skill deficiencies earlier, which will provide the opportunity to quickly address weaknesses and build on strengths.
ACT Aspire features:
- Vertically articulated, standards-based system of assessments to monitor progress toward college and career readiness from elementary school to high school, connecting each grade level to the next
- Longitudinal assessment data tied to readiness for middle school, high school, and college
- Aligned summative and classroom-based assessments
- Content areas of English, math, reading, and science with direct writing at all grades
- Alignment with Common Core State Standards and ACT College Readiness Benchmarks
- Multiple question types including multiple choice, constructed response and technology-enhanced items to better assess student knowledge, improve test experiences, and provide more meaningful insights
- An affordable system that can be configured and integrated with school districts today and in the future
- A multidimensional approach that measures other critical areas needed for success after high school, such as providing insights on science skills, critical thinking, and the ability to understand complex text
- Online delivery of assessments using state-of-the-art technology to enhance effectiveness and support multiple devices, while also offering paper-and-pencil options
- Ongoing research, support, and validation of the system to reflect changes in college and career readiness standards