Technology for Traditional Students
iPads with keyboards/cases will be available to every student PK-12th grade.
Students in PK-5th
Students in PreK through 5th grade will have access to devices in every classroom. Each student will be assigned the same device daily to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection and transmission.
Students in grades 6th - 12th
Will have the opportunity to secure an iPad to utilize during school and take home daily.
Technology Use Agreement
All parents and students must agree to the Technology Use Agreement prior to receiving the device for the 20-21 school year.
Fees for usage (for 6th-12th grade learners) will be as follows:
Device Protection Plan Fee to be Paid by Student/Parent/Guardian*
Non-Refundable Per School Year Fee
Free/Reduced Lunch Fee
Applies to students currently qualified for free/reduced lunches
Multiple Child Fee
Applies to parents/guardians with multiple children enrolled in Athens Middle or Athens High who do not qualify for free/reduced lunches.
*Payment plans may be established if needed prior to receipt of the device. Parents should contact the school office regarding this process. These fees are required per academic year.
Distribution of iPads to students in grades 6-12
- Will occur at the beginning of the school year.
- Times and methods of distribution will be announced prior to students returning and will meet all safety protocols to minimize the risk of COVID-19 infection and transmission.
Internet and WiFi
- Since traditional students may need to transition to remote learning as circumstances dictate, it is necessary that students have a reliable, high-speed internet connection at home.
- Please let the librarian at your school know if WiFi is needed.
- Find your school librarian/media specialist's contact information on your school's website.
- ACS has Verizon MIFI Hotspots available for checkout for a fee of $20 a month.