Operations and Facilities
Athens City Schools will:
- Intensify regular cleaning and disinfecting procedures in all schools.
- Sanitize high-touch surfaces.
- Purchase and provide classroom cleaning supplies and materials.
- Accept parent donations of Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer.
- Provide hand sanitizer throughout the buildings.
- Clean and disinfect schools and buses.
- Enforce regular handwashing and the use of hand sanitizer.
- Routinely clean classrooms, bathrooms, cafeterias, and all high-traffic areas.
- Utilize electrostatic sprayers to sanitize buildings.
- Encourage students to bring personal hand sanitizer if desired.
- Post signage showing best practices for hygiene and sanitation.
- Encourage all students to bring a refillable water bottle or bottles as some water fountains will be unavailable.
- Offer virtual parent-teacher conferences and other meetings to the extent possible.