Operations and Facilities
Athens City Schools will:
- Intensify regular cleaning and disinfecting procedures in all schools.
- Sanitize high touch surfaces throughout the day.
- Purchase and provide classroom cleaning supplies and materials.
- Accept parent donations of Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer.
- Recommend, unless mandated by a government entity, that staff wear facial coverings when they are within six feet of a person from another household.
- Provide hand sanitizer throughout the buildings.
- Clean and disinfect schools daily.
- Enforce regular handwashing and the use of hand sanitizer.
- Routinely clean classrooms, bathrooms, cafeterias, and all high traffic areas.
- Utilize electrostatic sprayers to sanitize buildings.
- Encourage students to bring personal hand sanitizer if desired.
- Post signage showing best practices for hygiene and sanitation.
- Encourage all students to bring a refillable water bottle or bottles as some water fountains will be unavailable.
- Limit adult access to school facilities. Parents should not enter school buildings during drop off and pick up. Parents will not be able to eat lunch with students until further notice.
- Suspend classroom parties until further notice. (No outside food for shared use)
- Hold virtual parent-teacher conferences and other meetings to the extent possible.
- Utilize virtual field trips until further notice. (No off-campus field trips)