About First Class Pre-K at Athens Elementary
Registration is open January 15 - March 26, 2019.
What is the Alabama First Class Pre-K Program?
First Class: Alabama's Voluntary Pre-K is part of the Office of School Readiness within the Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education. First Class Pre-K provides effective, high-quality early childhood experiences that prepare Alabama's children for school success and lifelong learning.
Who is eligible to enroll in the Alabama First Class Pre-K Program?
- Children age 4 on or before September 1, 2019 (FY20)
- Children must live in the Athens City Limits
- Submitted required documents: completed registration form, current utility bill (or proof of residency), blue immunization form (required before child enters school)
When is Registration?
- Online registration for the 2019-2020 school year begins January 15, 2019 and ends March 26, 2019. https://alprek.asapconnected.com
What is the cost for the Athens Elementary OSR First Class Pre-K?
- Tuition is FREE
- No registration fee
How are the children selected?
- Selection is by lottery.
- The lottery selection will be drawn on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at the Athens City Schools Central Office located at 455 US Hwy. 31 N., Athens, AL 35611.
- Families will be notified of selection.
Is there another preschool choice at Athens Elementary? Yes
- The Eagless Nest Inclusion Pre-K. Click here to learn more about the Eagle's Nest.
- Ages 3-5
- It is tuition based.
- $35.00 registration fee
More information: Beth Patton, Program Director, Athens City School Central Office
256-233-6600 ext. 1117 or email@example.com