About First Class Pre-K
First Class Pre-K Registration is January 15 - March 24, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year.
What is the Alabama First Class Pre-K Program?
First Class: Alabama's Voluntary Pre-K is part of the Office of School Readiness within the Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education. First Class Pre-K provides effective, high-quality early childhood experiences that prepare Alabama's children for school success and lifelong learning.
Who is eligible to enroll in the Alabama First Class Pre-K Program?
- Children age 4 on or before September 1, 2020 (FY21)
- Children must live within Athens City Limits
- Required documents for enrollment: completed registration form, current utility bill (or proof of residency) and birth certificate. Upon acceptance an Alabama immunization form will be required before your child enters school.
When is Registration?
- Online registration for the 2020-2021 school year is January 15 - March 24, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Apply online at https://alprek.asapconnected.com
- Click here for the First Class Pre-K Parent Registration Guide.
- Following the close of registration in the spring (March 24, 2020), interested students and families are placed on a waitlist.
How are the children selected?
- Selection is by lottery.
- The spring lottery selection will be on March 25, 2020 at 8:30 AM.
- The lottery will be held at the Athens City Schools Board of Education Central Office located at 455 US Hwy. 31 North, Athens, AL 35611.
- Families will be notified of selection.
What is the cost for the Alabama First Class Pre-K Program?
- Tuition ranges from $0 to $300 per month and is determined by a sliding fee scale. The sliding fee scale is based on the annual 2019 Health & Human Services Federal Poverty Guidelines and Levels.
Alabama First Class Pre-K Sliding Fee Scale
*Add $4,320 for each person over 8
Parent Fees not to Exceed
Where are the First Class Pre-K Programs located?
- There are three First Class Pre-K classes.
- Two classes are located at Athens Elementary, and one is located at Julian Newman.
First Class Pre-K registration opens January 15, 2020. Choose the button below to apply.
Is there another preschool choice in Athens City Schools? Yes
- The Eagles Nest Inclusion Pre-K. Click here to learn more about the Eagles Nest.
- Ages 3-5
- It is tuition based.
- $35.00 registration fee
- Registration for the Eagles Nest for the 2020-2021 school year is January 31 - March 13, 2020.
- For more information, contact Dr. Jessica Lynn at 256.232.0212.
For more information about the First Class Pre-K Programs in Athens City Schools please contact OSR First Class Pre-K Program Director Dr. Jennifer Sallee:
256-233-6600 ext. 6309 or email@example.com