WELCOME TO THE BROOKHILL LIBRARY & MEDIA CENTER
"You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book. " - Dr Seuss
The Brookhill Elementary Library provides students, faculty and staff with multi-disciplinary technological databases and print resources, as well as instruction on how to accurately access, utilize and critically analyze information from a variety of venues. We also work to maintain an inviting atmosphere where active learning is paramount.
In our Library, we seek to...
- Foster a love of reading that renders a positive attitude toward lifelong learning.
- Provide continual instruction and service to all library patrons.
- Select, purchase, organize and maintain quality library collections.
- Offer access to material and information resources regardless of format.
- Anticipate information needs in an increasingly global community.
- Teach efficent information literacy skills including critical evaluation and effective use of resources.
- Provide leadership in the use of information technology on campus.
- Promote diversity,intellectual integrity, and freedom of inquiry and expression.
The BES library offers books, eBooks, audio books, online databases, reference works, iPads, audiovisual materials and equipment. Students and faculty are regularly encouraged to locate and check out books for assignments and for pleasure reading using our web-based holding catalog.