Meet the Guidance Counselor
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education with a Middle School Endorsement, University of North Alabama Master of Education in School Counseling, University of West Alabama
Mrs. Shana Winter
Welcome to Athens Middle School! My name is Shana Winter.
What I Do:
As I continue my journey as a school counselor, I am able to help all students with issues that may be affecting their academics, career, and personal/social interactions.
- 1995 graduate of Lexington High School with an Advanced Diploma
- 2000 graduate of the University of North Alabama with a degree in Secondary Education with a Middle School Endorsement
- 2006 graduate of the University of West Alabama with a Masters degree in School Counseling
- Married to Kenny since June of 2003
- Mom to Carson and Cohen
- This will be my 3rd year as a counselor at Athens Middle School!
- I taught 6th - 8th grade Advanced Language Arts at Sparkman Middle School before becoming a school counselor
- I have been a school counselor since August of 2006
- When I'm not at school, I love spending time with my family and friends. I love to travel, read, and spend lots of time outside, usually walking our fur babies, Darby and Maggie. Our boys keep us busy playing sports too :)