Employee FAQ for Back to School
Will teachers be required to wear face coverings throughout the day? Will we have to wear masks at all times or just in transitions? Will teachers be allowed to wear an appropriate face shield in the place of a mask if required to wear a face covering?
- In accordance with the public health order issued July 15 which is effective at 5 p.m. on July 16 and expires July 31, “…each person shall wear a mask or other facial covering that covers his or hers nostrils and mouth at all times when within six feet of a person from another household in any of the following places: an indoor space open to the general public, a vehicle operated by a transportation service, or an outdoor public space where 10 or more people are gathered.” The facial-covering requirement does not apply to persons who are six years of age or younger or any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents him or her from wearing a facial covering.
Where will remote teachers be based for work?
- Remote teachers will work from school unless there is a medical reason to work from home.
What will happen if a building begins to run out of healthy teachers/adults?
- Administrators are creating lists of employees (including Central Office) who can fill in. At some point, it is possible that a classroom or school would need to transition to blended (online) learning until conditions improve.
If a student tests positive for COVID, will the teacher need to be tested subsequently?
- It depends! ADPH said that they will release more specific guidance, so we will share that when it is available.
How will the decisions be made re: which teachers will be teaching remotely vs traditionally?
- Results from teacher surveys and parent surveys will be used to determine how we best meet the needs of our teachers and the preferred method of instruction for our students.
How many times can we use the CARE act 14 days quarantine paid time off? Say we have two students two different times will we only get to use it once and then next time have to use our sick leave? Or do we get to use the CARE act multiple times?
- The Emergency Paid Sick Leave covers up to 10 days (total).