To enroll a student in the Athens City School District, please bring the following items to the Athens City Schools Central Office, 455 US Highway 31 North, between the hours of 8:00 a.m.- 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Information needed for registration:
1. Parent / Guardian Picture Identification
2. OfficialState Birth Certificate - to verify child's date of birth.
3. Alabama Blue Immunization Card - Blue Card may be obtained from local health department or physician.
4. Social Security Card
5. Proof of Residence - current utility bill, mortgage statement, rent-lease agreement.
6. Guardianship / Custody - Legal documents may be required signed by Judge. Neither Power of Attorney nor Delegation of Parental Authority signed by a Notary Public will be accepted.
Download, print and complete the following Enrollment Forms:
Once this information is verified and all forms completed, students will be assigned to a school. Assignments at the elementary schools are based on zoning districts and space availability. (Athens City Elementary School Zone Map)
It is the policy of Athens City Board of Education not to discriminate on the basis of sex, color, handicap, religion, creed, national origin, race, or age in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Federal Regulations.
Inquiries or complaints regarding compliance with Federal Regulations may be directed to Dimika Cummings, Title IX, Title VI, and 504 Coordinator, 455 US Highway 31 North, Athens, AL 35611, (256) 233-6600.